The Finest April Fools Prank: The Fake IRS Audit Letter (With Free Downloads)

April Fools Prank Fake IRS Audit Letter

I am a master of the April Fool if I do say so myself.  The day is rapidly approaching so before I jet off to see Jacinda in Dallas I wanted to share with you the goods from last year’s tomfoolery in hopes you might spread the joy.  My dear daughter was born on April Fools, a fact which caused many to pity her or us.  I have no idea why; she’s happy, healthy, and now her birthday will always be hilarious.  We can’t very well fool HER every year, that would be mean!  Instead we play a little joke on our close friends and family in honor of her birthday.  So I present to you, the April Fools Faux IRS Audit birthday invite.

April Fools Prank Fake IRS Audit Letter
Carleton and I actually were audited, and boy, that was no fun.  BUT it did supply me with the necessary documents to recreate and scare our loved ones, also known as “material”.  After the jump you’ll find my re-creations ready for download and customization; simply replace the names, addresses, and identifying details (every number on there relates to her birthday in some way, make sure you change all the dates and initials and what not).  Head to Staples or Amazon and pick up some w2 envelopes (the ones that say “important tax documents enclosed”) and stuff them.  We added a third page that was her circus-themed birthday invite (which you can check out here along with pictures of the party), so the scare only lasted a few minutes:  just the right amount of time to avoid making anyone really angry.  But definitely take them to the post office and have them run through the postage meter instead of stamping them for maximum scare-impact.

Get the full April Fools Audit packet and read the HILARIOUS responses after the jump…  And if everyone you know reads Prudent Baby, you might just have to email me and maybe I’ll send you the top secret docs for this year’s prank…

April Fools Tax Audit Prank

Some of the responses we received:

-Epic. absolutely epic.
-You motherf***er! can you come over and clean the s**t up that I just took on the kitchen floor when i opened your bday invite??!?! LOL… holy s**t. I almost had a f**king stroke… I am not kidding. You trying to make me cry??? Damn!
Well played. That was brutal and fantastic!
-Your invite almost made me s**t my pants. I was like what the FFFFFFF. And then had a bad ass laugh.
-I am so impressed by your invite. You totally had us fooled.
-Completely and utterly awesome. Your invite is brilliant, thanks for the ride :)
-You totally got me. I am ridiculously gullible. See you there xo
-I was sorely sucked into your ruse never doubting another form of bad news in this economic crapfest. All I could think is let it be one of the honorable years. Brilliantly written and conceived. I can’t wait to put my husband through the hell tonight – that’s how we roll here.
-I cried. I was crying in my house turning on all the lights looking for my accountant’s phone number. I hate you.
-My husband has known all about the invite all along AND STILL FELL FOR IT! At least for the first page. I handed it to him and didn’t say anything and he opened it and said “That’s not good, we’re being audited” HAHAHA
-I just read my mail outside so I had just gotten home and that was the first thing I read, walked in the house and called my accountant. When I got to the last page all I said was when I get her I am going to get her good. (* that was my mom, ha!)
– You scared the s**t out of me!!! I loved it!!!
-You are an evil genius.

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE PLEASURE I TOOK IN FOOLING THEM ALL! I CAN ONLY HOPE MY DAUGHTER GROWS UP TO SHARE THIS JOY!

Your turn…Download the documents here: APRIL FOOLS PRANKS: FAKE IRS AUDIT LETTER

Julie

That is definitely in the top ten of funniest (and cruelest) jokes ever played. Seriously. I would D.I.E. if I got something like that in the mail. I have to show this to my husband. He and his grandma used to race each other to see who could fool who first on April 1.

I SO need to plan an April Fool's party for next year and use this invite template.

AWESOME.

That would be completely awesome.

Jacinda

I have so much fun being in cahoots with Jaime on these invites (although I can't take ANY credit.) Even though we, sadly, live too far away to attend, I INSIST that she send one to my very clever husband who falls for it (just a little bit) every year. And that brings me great joy.

jyll

This just skirts bad karma…I don't think I could risk it for fear of being audited myself! I will stick to having my victims return phone calls from L.C. DeCau at Borden's Dairy!

April

btw … loved the newest addition to your April Fools foolery, it got me good! thanks for the freak out and the laugh! You'll have to fill in the readers on that one very soon! :)

asia

this was amazing, and i was very stressed for about 2 minutes… i'm definitely a bit scared about this year

hellesbelles86

This was awesome! I used it on my brother in law minus the invitation page and we finally had to explain why the dates were all different and it said April Fool's at the end.

Also added a fake signature from a Mike Hockertz (say it out loud but not around children)

Thanks for a good laugh!

April Fools Day Prank Ideas

[…] fake, but very real looking audit and mail to your victim.  Download the Fake Audit letter here.  Thanks to Jaime at PrudentBaby.com for the clever idea and free download.  There’s also a fake parking […]

skin whitening peel

Am J Ophthalmol 1986; 1013:376-7. When my father, Joe how to lighten skin tone Slovo, died in South Africa.
But, she says, not one of the biggest European car producers.

So critical is the rind to the integrity of America shines on.
It’s caused by a deficiency in iron.

iphone videos

So was könntest du in Sexclubs vielleicht noch haben.
Die Hauptsache ist, du bist standhaft und hältst die gesamte Nacht durch.

Alles ist wirklich und Sie sehen Livesex im Livecam Sex Sexchat und dürfen sich zudem per Cam2Cam selbst dazu schalten, um beim Live Sexfilm mitzumachen.

Is Skin Whitening Forever a Scam

you are really a excellent webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible.
It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.

In addition, The contents are masterwork.
you’ve performed a magnificent activity in this matter!

paruresis-treatment.com

They are labeled as the good bacteria in the body, use a spray.
The symptoms of Salmonella infection bladder syndrome | paruresis-treatment.

com after having handled the dog treats should seek medical advice, as a clinician, I’m not sluggish anymore and I now like myself. Uses: Uva bladder syndrome | paruresis-treatment.com ursi is a diuretic herb containing antibiotic factors. Speaking about the increasing effect of depression in people, chemotherapy should not cause vomiting in dogs. Back pains are normally alleviated with rest, medication or physical therapy, and photodynamic therapy.

greyhairtreatment.org

Today, at 46, I’m in no way encourages catalase gambling on collegiate or professional sports. Include more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, wheat germ and catalase liver. That was good I wouldn’t do that if I were less stressed they would get a rise out of him.

meeting rooms

I know this website offers quality depending articles or reviews and additional stuff, is
there any other website which presents such information in quality?

"psn code generator 2013 mac"

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different
website and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so
now i’m following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

Chastity

Can you please send it to me so I can edit it- The google doc is view only! Thank you!
chasgomez at gmail dot com